Are you a high school student with a dream of writing for film or television? Do you constantly create characters and build plots? Then you might be ready for Orlando Urban Film Festival’s Jump at the Sun Youth Screenwriting Workshop sponsored by the UCF’s departments of English and Film.
This intense, one-day workshop is part of OUFF’s dedication to attract and develop screenwriters of color and other underserved cultures before they leave high school. As a participant, you will work within a workshop environment and will receive constructive feedback from your peers and workshop leader.
- Date: Jan 29, 2022
- Location: University of Central Florida Downtown Campus
- Presenter: Jason Gregory, UCF Screenwriting Lecturer
- Nonrefundable Submission fee: No Fee
- Submission Deadline: December 31, 2021
- Tuition fee: Paid through the generosity of UCF’s departments of English and Film
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color or and other underserved cultures)
- High Schoolers, 9th-12th grade
- Central Florida resident
- Experience in creative writing, (short stories, fiction, screenwriting)
- 10 participants will be selected for this one-day workshop
ABOUT YOUR WORKSHOP LEADER
Jason Gregory, MFA
Jason D. Gregory is a graduate of UCF’s Nicholson School of Communications and Media where he received his MFA in film production. He is a three-time participant of the prestigious Hurston-Wright Writer’s Workshop, where he studied under writer, director and producer, Kevin Arkadie, (OWN’s Ambitions and Greenleaf, and FOX’s New York Undercover) and the late David Mills, (Homicide: Life on the Street, The Wire, and The Corner).
In 2019, Gregory was elected as the director of the Orlando Urban Film Festival; a festival dedicated to celebrating, elevating, and promoting content creators of color. Additionally, Gregory is a producer with 13Brains, a reality TV show, “think tank” which aired its first project Buried by the Bernards on Netflix. Finally, he is a lecturer in the English department at the University of Central Florida where he teaches intro and advanced screenwriting.
For more information, please contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.