2017 Entry Rules
2017 Submission Guidelines
Rules & Terms
OUFF is where Urban Movie, TV and Music content producers come together to join forces like never before to discuss the dynamics and inter-connection of images and music and to see their works on a “BIG SCREEN” in a state-of-the-art movie theater.
Wow, now that’s powerful!
The creative visionaries in these industries are what makes the “movie biz” so hot. OUFF wants to honor and recognize these powerful industry movers and shakers side by side and to educate upcoming talent on how to achieve “super success” with their creative talents and crafts.
1. Short Films entries 15 seconds to 60 minutes “are eligible” if they have not been previously released in movie theaters and distributed nationally, broadcast on the USA or international television, available for purchase on DVD, or available for full-length viewing online. There are exceptions to these rules based on individual circumstances which can be reviewed by the Submissions Team via email inquiry.
Submit questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may allow a longer length project for the short film category because some short films can be up to 60 minutes or more in length.
2. Short Film Corner submissions must be completed after June 1, 2008.
3. Films must be submitted Digitally for the OUFF Team to Pre-View “for consideration and acceptance into the competition”. This is a competition and films accepted into consideration will compete against all films in their selected category. “ACCEPTANCE” only means your project will be “Judged For Official Selection Into the Festival’s Competition, and It Will Go Through A Full Examination Process”.
Once selected as an “Official Selection” The OUFF Judges will determine which films will “win and be screened during the 2017 OUFF.” Due to the large quantity of films, music, videos, and scripts received it takes time to properly manage all submissions. This review process takes about three to four months, so please be patient.
“Please note: Not all projects submitted are accepted into the OUFF competition.”
Do not send film prints, master tapes, or other originals. You are fully responsible for your films, music or material; we are not liable for your property. “WE NOT NOT RETURN SUBMISSIONS”. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!
4. Music Video and Music entries must be original productions, tracks, scores, songs or lyrics. By law, music must not infringe on any copyrights.
5. Applicant confirms and warrants their legal authority to submit the film and/or music entry into the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival.
6. Applicant deems they are fully responsible for the use of all music, images, graphics, and content in the film or music entered in the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival. By submitting your film or music into the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival, you agree to take full responsibility and liability and for any and all damages associated with the showing of the film or broadcast of the music entered into the festival.
7. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film or music for promotional use on the internet, television, radio, in print, and at live Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival events.
8. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
9. Only complete entries (including entry form, payment, and digital preview Screener or Music Soundtrack) will be processed for review and selection into OUFF. “No Waivers will be accepted”.
10. If Mailed – Please submit a typed or clearly printed entry form or a copy of the online form receipt along with the submission. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards.
11. You will be notified if your submission is “Accepted into OUFF”.
ROUND 1: At the time your project is “ACCEPTED” the OUFF Judges will begin reviewing all of the “ACCEPTED Projects” to select the “Official Selection” Projects.”.
ROUND 2: You will be notified if your project is considered as an “Official Selection.” Once the “Official Selections have been chosen, “Official Selection Winners” will be a part of the Final Judging for the 2017 OUFF Winners!
ROUND 3: The 2017 OUFF Official Selected films, videos, and screenplays will be selected and announced!
The “FINALIST and Winning Projects” will be screened, and the Screening Schedule announced via email and press release. Press releases, photos, and trailers will be featured.
All 2017 OUFF Finalist Winners will be required to mail-in and submit a final “DCP Copy” of your production.
Productions in the following exhibition formats are eligible for The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival screening: DCP ONLY (The OUFF Production Team can make your DCP for $450.00 and give you a copy on your external drive) and Music on Compact Disc.
Early Entry Submission Friday, November 25, 2016 to Sunday, March 26, 2017 deadline! EXTENDED EARLY DEADLINE ENDS April 23, 2107! Regular Submissions Friday, July 9, 2017. Late entries will be accepted until Friday, October 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST with the required late entry fee. All Winning Filmmakers will be selected and announced on or before Friday, October 20, 2017, by the OUFF Selection Committee. All final winners will be announced on Friday, September 8, 2017. Winning filmmakers, TV, music, talent and their projects will be showcased and screened in Orlando, Florida.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD.
shipments will not be accepted. Any Items received will “NOT” be returned!
All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Fees charged to the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival will be refused. For films accepted for screening at the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival, we are not responsible for any shipping costs.
2. Judging & Selection
Films will be selected for judging and presentation by the Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival Judging Committee. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival Judges Committee Office will contact the selected winning entrants by telephone or email.
For publication purposes, entries selected will be required to supply 3 (three) high-resolution stills from the film and at least 1 (one) photograph of the film’s director and the film’s poster cover. The Orlando Urban Film and Music Festival also request publicity materials and a video trailer (if available). Publicity and press materials will not be returned.
3. Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not
Refundable. Waivers will not be accepted. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by check or money order, made payable to Orlando Urban Film Festival, or by Pay Pal using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).
For all entries outside the U.S., entrants must pay using bank checks or money orders are accepted (NO PERSONAL CHECKS). The bank check or money order must be drawn on U.S. correspondent banks only and be in U.S. dollars. You can also pay by credit card using Pay Pal before Late Submission Deadline Friday, August 6, 2017.
Regular Deadline (Postmarked by Friday, July 9, 2017)
The entry fee helps OUFF prepare your project submission to be shown on the “Big Screen. Please ensure you have submitted the best quality film project to ensure best quality picture on a movie theater screen. If your film is selected to screen and the quality of your film is not of a high standard, it will not be screened during OUFF!
***** PLEASE NOTE: The Orlando Urban Film Festival – Excludes porn films! “DOES NOT” and ‘WILL NOT” accept these types projects. X-Rated, Nudity, and porn films WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM REVIEW! please do not submit these types of films in your entries.
“NO WAIVERS ARE ACCEPTED” and “NO REFUNDS” from Entries and Submissions. Please read all Entry and Submission information carefully before entering your project to OUFF!